Program 2023, Church of S. Giorgio, Colico
The Parish Church of San Giorgio was erected on 22 December 1914 in the center of Colico Piano (ancient denomination Colicum) to replace an older sacred building located in Piazza San Giorgio. The patronal feast is celebrated on April 23rd.
On the main facade stands out the mosaic of St. George piercing the dragon, executed by the Valtellinese sculptor Lydia Silvestri in 1965, commissioned by Don Salvatore Schenini.
Sulla facciata principale spicca il mosaico di San Giorgio che trafigge il drago, eseguito dalla scultrice valtellinese Lydia Silvestri nel 1965, su commissione di Don Salvatore Schenini.
Tue, July 25
Soloists of MACH Orchestra